headline 2 space
Parents Are A Child's First Teachers
We believe all families have strengths and that the best way to enhance a child's development is to build their parents' strengths.
Parent Involvement Is Individualized For Each Family
We encourage parent involvement by providing opportunities, information, and encouragement to be an active part of the program experience.
As a parent/guardian in the CSI HS/EHS program, I/we agree to:
- Recognize that I am my child's first and best teacher.
- Actively participate in home visits for up to 1.5 hours every 4-6 weeks for Head Start and every 1-2 weeks for Early Head Start.
- My child will attend 85% of scheduled classroom days.
- Attend other HS/EHS events held throughout the year as I am available (such as: parent meetings, Policy Council, parenting classes, etc.)
- Keep all emergency contact information updated.
- Participate in my child's developmental, health, dental, and nutrition screenings/evaluations/exams.
- If further evaluation and/or treatment is recommended, I will participate in the planning and accomplishing of the recommended follow-up in a timely manner.
- Work with my home visitor to complete other program requirements on time.
Our team believes that by providing opportunities for family growth in education, social services and in health, parents will learn new skills and strategies to meet the ongoing health, nutritional, social and educational needs of their family.
- Regularly scheduled home visits
- Nurse home visits
- Parent Involvement Opportunities
- Father Engagement Opportunities
- Family/Community Resources
- A Family Calendar available in both English and Spanish
We support the growth of your child and family through weekly home visits individualized to meet your family’s unique needs and dreams. Working together, we can provide lots of different ideas on parenting; everything from fun games and activities to the best tips on potty training.
You know what’s best for your child, and we know how they learn. From pregnancy to age three, we’ll partner with you every step of the way. We’ll help your child get the very best start so they’ll be ready for success in school and in life.
We’ll come to you. We serve families with babies and toddlers from birth through age three. All of our services are free to you and your family.
Is my child okay? As a parent, it’s perfectly normal to worry sometimes, and if you have any questions or concerns about how your child is doing, we can provide information and resources to give you the answers you need. We can also help with referrals to other specialists who can work with you and your child if you suspect they may have a unique ability or need.
We’re your partners in parenting. Together, we will help you build a nest of support. We can provide community resources and connections for child development, housing, food, child care, and many other resources your family may need.